Financial Services Week Ahead March 16-20
US House of Representatives:
House Financial Services Committee:
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM in HVC-210 of the House Visitors’ Center – Hearing Entitled “The Annual Testimony of the Secretary of the Treasury on the State of the International Financial System.” Full Committee
- The Honorable Jacob J. Lew, Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Expect questions on the FSOC, SIFI designation process, international insurance capital standards, and Dodd Frank reforms.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM in HVC-210 of the House Visitors’ Center – Hearing Entitled “Preserving Consumer Choice and Financial Independence.“ Full Committee.
- Mr. Tyrone Fenderson Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth National Bank, on behalf of the American Bankers Association
- Mr. Patrick Miller, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBC Federal Credit Union, on behalf of the Credit Union National Association
- Mr. J. David Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Centennial Bank, on behalf of the Independent Community Bankers of America
- Mrs. Peggy Bosma-Lamascus, President and Chief Executive Officer, Patriot Federal Credit Union, on behalf of the National Association of Federal Credit Unions
- Prof. Adam J. Levitin, Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
Hearing to examine Dodd Frank and other regulatory relief bills/legislation for banks and credit unions. Markup scheduled on 3/25 for a package of regulatory relief bills.
Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 9:00 AM in 2167 Rayburn HOB – Hearing Entitled “Oversight of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.” Capital Markets Subcommittee.
- Mr. Andrew Ceresney, Director, SEC Director of Enforcement
Hearing on recent SEC settlements and prosecution cases. Expect questions on invest firms recent guilty pleas.
House Energy and Commerce Committee:
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM in 2123 in Rayburn HOB – Hearing Entitled “Discussion Draft of H.R. ___, Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2015.” Commerce, Trade, and Manufacturing Subcommittee.
Legislative hearing on data security bill that E&C committee is planning to markup in the near future.
Senate Banking Committee:
Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM in 538 Dirksen SOB – Hearing Entitled “Examining the Regulatory Regime for Regional Banks.” Full Committee.
- The Honorable Thomas J. Curry, Comptroller of the Currency, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- The Honorable Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- The Honorable Daniel K. Tarullo, Governor, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Hearing to discuss possible regulatory relief for regional banks. Expect questions on Dodd Frank reform, bank regulatory relief threshold, and Too Big To Fail (TBTF).
Senate Commerce Committee:
Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM in 538 Dirksen SOB – Hearing Entitled “Examining the Evolving Cyber Insurance Marketplace.” Full Committee.
The hearing will focus on the growing cyber security risk insurance market and hear from experts about coverage, challenges, and opportunities in the industry and the impact on cyber security.