FINANCIAL SERVICES WEEK AHEAD NOV. 2 TO NOV. 6
House of Representatives:
House Financial Services Committee:
Hearing entitled “Semi-Annual Testimony on the Federal Reserve’s Supervision and Regulation of the Financial System”
Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:00 AM in 2128 Rayburn HOB
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- The Honorable Janet L. Yellen, Chair, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
House Energy and Commerce:
Examining the EU Safe Harbor Decision and Impacts for Transatlantic Data Flows
Joint Hearing entitled “Examining the EU Safe Harbor Decision and Impacts for Transatlantic Data Flows.”
Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade and Subcommittee on Communications and Technology
November 3, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building
The Subcommittees will hear from the following witnesses:
Victoria Espinel, President and CEO, Business Software Alliance;
Joshua Meltzer, Senior Fellow, Global Economy and Development, The Brookings Institution;
John Murphy, Senior Vice President for International Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce; and
Marc Rotenberg, President, Electronic Privacy Information Center.
House Judiciary Committee:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2015 AT 1:00 P.M.,
THE COURTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, AND THE INTERNET SUBCOMMITTEE WILL HOLD A HEARING TITLED INTERNATIONAL DATA FLOWS: PROMOTING DIGITAL TRADE IN THE 21ST CENTURY. THE HEARING WILL EXAMINE INTERNATIONAL DATA FLOWS, RESTRICTIONS PLACED BY FOREIGN COUNTRIES, AND THEIR ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS.
Witnesses for Tuesday’s hearing are:
- Mr. Peter Allgeier, President, Coalition of Services Industries
- Mr. Rob Atkinson, President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Ms. Victoria Espinel, President and CEO, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Mr. Ed Black, President and CEO, Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Mr. Mark MacCarthy, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Software & Information Industry Association House Floor:
H.R. 22, DRIVE Act (Transportaton & Infrastructure; Ways and Means – Likely could include Financial Services Payfors such as the increase in GFEE and reduction of the Federal Reserve interest payments the banks)
- The Rules Committee has announced a meeting on this item for 5 pm on Monday. The Committee will also likely meet at3 pm on Tuesday to consider amendments to the bill.
- The Rules Committee is expected to provide a structured rule (making only particular amendments in order) for its consideration.
- The Rules Committee announced a deadline for the filing of amendments at 2 pm on Friday, Oct. 30.
- The measure could be on the floor as early as Tuesday.
Senate Banking Committee:
EXECUTIVE SESSION TO VOTE ON A NOMINATION
Tuesday, November 3, 2015 02:30 PM – 03:00 PM 538 Dirksen Senate Office Building
The COMMITTEE ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS will meet in EXECUTIVE SESSION to consider the following nomination: Mr. Adam J. Szubin, of the District of Columbia, to be Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes, U. S. Department of the Treasury.
Senate Judiciary Committee:
Data Brokers – Is Consumers’ Information Secure?
Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Location: Dirksen Senate Office Building 226
Presiding: Chairman Flake
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing of the Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law entitled: “Data Brokers – Is Consumers’ Information Secure?” for Tuesday November 3, 2015 at 2:30 p.m., in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- Mr. Justin Harvey
Chief Security Officer
Bethesda , MD
- Ms. Pam Dixon
World Privacy Forum
San Diego , CA
- Mr. Frank Caserta
Chief Security Officer
Little Rock , AR