‘The state of digital banking in 2015’
With the convergence of online and mobile banking channels, the era of digital banking has arrived, according to a new report, “The State of Digital Banking in 2015,” by Mercator Advisory Group. The report documents how digital banking has grown into a robust, full-featured suite of solutions across various deployment options.
“Households are using a wide variety of devices when banking, from computers to smartphones to phablets and tablets, depending on preference and the types of transaction or interaction desired,” said Ed O’Brien, director of the banking channels advisory service at Mercator and author of the report.
Highlights of report include:
- changes in online and mobile banking channels over the past five years;
- an overview of the digital banking market;
- Mercator CustomerMonitor survey statistics on ownership and use of smartphones and tablets in the U.S.;
- the importance of the customer experience in developing digital products and solutions;
- the value of digital personal financial management tools to financial institutions;
- a review of digital banking and the direct bank concept; and
- overview of digital banking vendors and products.
One of 11 exhibits in the 21-page report: