First Data intros new, smaller Clover Go POS
First Data is adding an updated version of Clover Go to its Clover point-of-sale product line.
The standalone device accepts EMV, mag stripe and contactless transactions, which includes NFC-enabled mobile payments. The device processes EMV transactions in less than 3.5 seconds, making it twice as fast as the previous Clover Go product.
First Data also updated the Clover Go to integrate with other Clover products, meaning a transaction can begin on any Clover device and finish on either the all-in-one Clover Go or the original Clover Go reader. For example, a restaurant receiving a delivery order by phone can start a transaction on their Clover Station and complete it at their customer’s doorstep with the reader, facilitating a simple, in-person transaction, according to the announcement.
The updated Clover Go app version also includes:
- Support for the new contactless, chip and swipe reader
- Support for the Clover terminal plan, meaning existing Clover merchants using the terminal plan can bundle in the all-in-one Clover Go without creating a new merchant ID or upgrading to the register plan
- Ability to control inventory items displayed in-app with “show-in register”
- Availability of in-app troubleshooting and device diagnostics
- Access to web-based apps from the Clover App Market
- The ability to function as a standalone POS or with the full Clover product suite and provides live phone support from service reps
Watch the video below of Clover Go in action: