TD Bank hikes Florida ATM count with branding deal
TD Bank has branded 189 Cardtronics ATMs located in Walgreens stores across the state of Florida, according to a press release.
The branded machines, which are located primarily in the Miami and Tampa-St. Petersburg metro areas, increase the bank’s ATM channel presence in Florida by 96 percent.
This latest branding project by TD Bank follows a similar expansion last summer in Boston-area Walgreens locations.
“Fast, convenient access to cash is a priority for consumers,” TD Bank Regional President Ernie Diaz said in the release. “We’ve expanded our ATM footprint to select[ed] Walgreens locations in Florida to provide our customers even more options for accessing funds where, when and how they need to. And with TD ATMs in more locations, we’re also helping our customers avoid fees.”
According to the release, a recent study by TD Bank revealed that:
- overall, 61 percent of respondents visit an ATM for cash at least once a month;
- 65 percent of baby boomers visit an ATM at least once a month, followed by Gen X-ers at 63 percent and millennials at 60 percent;
- of those using ATMs monthly, 35 percent visit once or more weekly;
- 40 percent of Gen X-ers stop by at least weekly followed by 36 percent of boomers and 26 percent of millennials;
- 25 percent of men surveyed visit an ATM at least once weekly, compared with 17 percent of women;
- when visiting the ATM, 70 percent of respondents withdraw $200 or less;
- 83 percent of women withdraw $100 or less, compared to 74 percent of men;
- consumers visit bank branches slightly more often than ATMs;
- 64 percent of respondents visit a bank branch at least once a month;
- 68 percent of boomers go to the bank once or more monthly, followed by Gen X-ers and millennials at 36 percent each.