FINANCIAL SERVICES WEEK AHEAD NOV 13 to NOV 17
US House of Representatives:
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
H.R. 3973 – Market Data Protection Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Warren Davidson / Financial Services Committee)
H.R. 2874 – 21st Century Flood Reform Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Sean Duffy / Financial Services Committee)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
H.R. 1 – Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Kevin Brady / Ways and Means Committee)
HOUSE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE:
Markup of HR 1153, HR 1638, HR 3093, HR 3221, HR 3299, HR 3978, HR 4015, HR 4247, HR 4248, HR 4258, HR 4263, HR 4267, HR 4270, HR 4278, HR 4279, HR 4281, HR 4289, HR 4292, HR 4293, HR 4294, HR 4296, HR 4302, and HR 4324 Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:00 AM in 2128 Rayburn HOB Full Committee
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
The Committee on Financial Services will meet in open session at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and subsequent days if necessary, in room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building, to consider, in an order to be determined by the Chairman, the following measures:
- HR 1153, the “Mortgage Choice Act of 2017”
- HR 1638, the “Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act”
- An Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute expected to be offered by Mr. Poliquin is being distributed with this notice. Members wishing to offer amendments are counseled to do so with reference to this text.
- HR 3093, the “Investor Clarity and Bank Parity Act”
- HR 3221, the “Securing Access to Affordable Mortgages Act”
- HR 3299, the “Protecting Consumers’ Access to Credit Act of 2017”
- HR 3978, the “TRID Improvement Act of 2017”
- HR 4015, the “Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2017”
- HR 4247, the “Restoring Financial Market Freedom Act of 2017”
- HR 4248, To amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to repeal certain disclosure requirements related to conflict minerals, and for other purposes.
- HR 4258, the “Family Self-Sufficiency Act”
- HR 4263, the “Regulation A+ Improvement Act of 2017”
- HR 4267, the “Small Business Credit Availability Act”
- HR 4270, the “Monetary Policy Transparency and Accountability Act of 2017”
- HR 4278, the “Independence from Credit Policy Act of 2017”
- HR 4279, the “Expanding Investment Opportunities Act”
- HR 4281, the “Expanding Access to Capital for Rural Job Creators Act”
- HR 4289, To amend the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to repeal certain disclosure requirements related to coal and mine safety.
- HR 4292, the “Financial Institution Living Will Improvement Act of 2017”
- HR 4293, the “Stress Test Improvement Act of 2017”
- HR 4294, the Prevention of Private Information Dissemination Act of 2017”
- HR 4296, To place requirements on operational risk capital requirements for banking organizations established by an appropriate Federal banking agency.
- HR 4302, the “Congressional Accountability for Emergency Lending Programs Act of 2017”
- HR 4324, the “Strengthening Oversight of Iran’s Access to Finance Act”
HOUSE NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE:
Last week Senate Majority Leader McConnell filed a motion to kick off debate to appoint Joseph Otting as head of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. There will be 30 hours of floor time debating the selection before a vote.
SENATE FINANCE COMMITTEE:
219 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Open Executive Session to Consider an Original Bill Entitled the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
|Description Of The Chairman’s Mark Of The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act|
|Estimated Revenue Effects Of The Chairman’s Mark Of The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act|
SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE:
The Impact of Lawsuit Abuse on American Small Businesses and Job Creators
November 8, 2017 at 10:00Am
Dirksen Senate Office Building 226
SENATE ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES:
366 Dirksen Senate Office Building 09:30 AM
The purpose of this hearing is to provide oversight of hurricane recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski, Chairman, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Sen. Maria Cantwell, Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1:
- The Honorable Kenneth Mapp, Governor, United States Virgin Islands
- The Honorable Ricardo Rosselló Nevares, Governor, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- The Honorable Bruce Walker, Assistant Secretary, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, U.S. Department of Energy
- Major General Donald E. Jackson Jr., Deputy Commanding General, Civil and Emergency Operations, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Witness Panel 2:
- Mr. Ricardo Ramos, Executive Director, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Mr. Julio Rhymer Sr., Executive Director, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority
- Mr. José H. Román Morales PE, Comisionado Asociado-Presidente Interino, Comisión de Energía de Puerto Rico
- Mr. Noel Zamot, Revitalization Coordinator, The Oversight & Management Board for Puerto Rico
SENATE COMMITTEE ON HEALTH, EDUCATION, LABOR, AND PENSIONS:
430 Dirksen Senate Office Building
- Brigadier General Mitchell Zais, USA (Ret.) Of Columbia, SC, Nominated To Be Deputy Secretary
- James Blew Of Valencia, CA, Nominated To Be Assistant Secretary For Planning, Evaluation, And Policy Development Department of Education
- Timothy Kelly Of Saginaw, MI, Nominated To Be Assistant Secretary For Career, Technical, And Adult Education Department of Education
- Kate O’Scannlain Of Chevy Chase, MD, Nominated To Be Solicitor Department of Labor
- Preston Rutledge Of Washington, D.C., Nominated To Be Assistant Secretary Of Labor For The Employee Benefits Security Administration Department of Labor
AEI discussion on child care affordability and tax reform The American Enterprise Institute holds a panel discussion to explore the question: “Can the tax system be used to help working families afford child care?” featuring Reps. Kevin Yoder (R-Kan.) and Stephanie Murphy (D-Fla.). Register to attend or watch the livestream here.
Financial Stability Oversight Council Meeting:
November 16, Secretary Mnuchin will preside over a meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council (Council) at the Treasury Department.
The agenda will include both an open and an executive session. The preliminary agenda for the open session includes revisions to the Council’s regulations under the Freedom of Information Act, in accordance with the FOIA Improvement Act of 2016; and an update on the work of the Alternative Reference Rates Committee. The preliminary agenda for the executive session includes a discussion of the Council’s 2017 annual report.