FINANCIAL SERVICES WEEK AHEAD DECEMBER 16 to DECEMBER 20
U.S. House of Representatives
House Committee Activity
Monday, December 16
Business Meeting: H.R. 5377 Restoring Tax Fairness for States and Localities Act and possible consideration of legislation making further appropriations for FY2020
Monday, December 16 at 5:00 PM
Text of Legislation:
• H. Res. 5377 [PDF] [XML] • H. Rept. 116-345—Report from the Committee on Ways and Means to accompany H.R. 5377 [PDF]
Business Meeting: H. Res. 755 Impeaching Donald John Trump President of the United States for high crimes and misdemeanors
Tuesday, December 17 at 11:00 AM
House Floor Activity
Key Votes later in the week:
Legislation Considered Pursuant to a Rule:
H.R. 5377 Restoring Tax Fairness for States and Localities Act [PDF] This legislation would suspend the current $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductibility for two years, allow for certain education related expense deduction for teachers in elementary and secondary schools, and make changes to taxes favorable to certain first responders in exchange for an increase to the top marginal income tax rate.
H.Res. 755 Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors [PDF] The House would impeach President Trump for abuse of office and obstruction of Congress by approval of this resolution.
H.R. 5430 United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act [PDF] This legislation would implement the Agreement between the United States of America, the United Mexican States, and Canada attached as an Annex to the Protocol Replacing the North American Free Trade Agreement and make certain supplemental appropriations as needed for implementation.
Legislation making continuing appropriations for the federal government for FY2020 Text is not available yet for a deal which has been announced to fund the government for the remainder of FY2020. This legislation is expected to be made available on Monday, December 16, 2019 and enacted before current government funding expires at the end of the day on Friday, December 20, 2019.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
Veterans’ Affairs, Transportation and Infrastructure, Energy and Commerce, Oversight and Reform, and Natural Resources legislation is expected on the floor.
List of Suspensions:
• H.R. 4920 Department of Veterans Affairs Contracting Preference Consistency Act [PDF]
• H.R. 4183 Identifying Barriers and Best Practices Study Act [PDF]
• H.R. 3530 Improving Confidence in Veterans’ Care Act [PDF]
• H.R. 2726 Banning Smoking on Amtrak Act of 2019 [PDF]
• H.R. 2548 HELP ACT, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 4719 FISH SAFE Act, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 3362 Small Airport Mothers’ Room Act of 2019, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 4998 Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act of 2019, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 4779 To extend Undertaking Spam, Spyware, And Fraud Enforcement With Enforcers beyond Borders Act of 2006 [PDF]
• H.R. 4229 Broadband DATA Act [PDF]
• H.R. 4227 MAPS Act [PDF]
• H.R. 2647 SOFFA, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 3172 Safe Sleep for Babies Act of 2019, as amended [PDF]
• H.R. 150 GREAT Act, as amended [PDF]
• S. 216 Spokane Tribe of Indians of the Spokane Reservation Equitable Compensation Act [PDF]
• H.R. 722 Miracle Mountain Designation Act [PDF]
• S. 50 Columbia River In-Lieu and Treaty Fishing Access Sites Improvement Act [PDF]
• H.R. 453 Eastern Band of Cherokee Historic Lands Reacquisition Act [PDF]
Senate Committee Activity
Business meeting to consider the nomination of Paul J. Ray, of Tennessee, to be Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget
Tuesday, December 17, 9:30 AM
More information available here.
Business meeting to consider the nomination of Jovita Carranza, of Illinois, to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration
Wednesday, December 18, Time to be announced.
More information available here.
Senate Floor Activity
The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00pm on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the conference report accompanying S.1790, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on cloture on the NDAA conference report.
Monday, December 16th at 5:30pm – 1 roll call vote:
1. Motion to invoke cloture on the conference report accompanying S.1790, NDAA and Wildlife Service.
The Senate is expected to take up legislation making further appropriations for FY2020 before the current funding expires on December 20, 2019.