FINANCIAL SERVICES WEEK AHEAD MARCH 29 TO APRIL 2
U.S. House of Representatives
House Floor Activity
There are no votes scheduled in the House this week. The next meeting for pro forma session is planned for 10:30 AM on March 29, 2021.
House Committee Activity
Thursday, April 1
House Administration Subcommittee on Elections, Hearing: Voting in America: Ensuring Free and Fair Access to the Ballot, 12:00 PM, Virtual
Senate Floor Activity
The Senate stands adjourned for pro forma sessions only with no business conducted on the following dates and times:
- Monday, March 29 at 11:00 AM
- Thursday, April 1 at 10:00 AM
- Monday, April 5 at 2:00 PM
- Thursday, April 8 at 5:30 PM
When the Senate stands adjourned on Thursday, April 8, it will next convene at 3:00 PM on Monday, April 12.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation.
At 5:30 PM, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Trottenberg nomination.
Cloture has been filed on the following items:
- Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation
- Executive Calendar #35, Wendy Ruth Sherman, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of State
- Executive Calendar #33, Gary Gensler, of Maryland, to be Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Executive Calendar #53, Brenda Mallory, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Council on Environmental Quality
- Motion to proceed to Calendar #13, S.937, a bill to facilitate the expedited review of COVID-19 hate crimes.
Monday, April 12 at 5:30 PM – roll call vote:
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation
Senate Committee Activity
There are no committee meetings scheduled in the Senate this week.