FINANCIAL SERVICES WEEK AHEAD SEPTEMBER 20 TO SEPTEMBER 24
U.S. House of Representatives
House Committee Activity
Coronavirus Crisis, Hearing: Hybrid Hearing on Recognizing and Building on the Success of Pandemic Relief Programs, Wednesday, September 22, 2:00 PM, 2154
- Notice [PDF]
Financial Services Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions, Hearing: Preserving the Right of Consumers to Access Personal Financial Data, Tuesday, September 21, 10:00 AM, 2128 RHOB & WebEx
- Mr. Tom Carpenter, Director of Public Affairs, Financial Data Exchange
- Mr. Raúl Carrillo, Associate Research Scholar, Yale Law School; Deputy Director, Law and Political Economy Project
- Ms. Kelly Thompson Cochran, Deputy Director, FinRegLab
- Ms. Chi Chi Wu, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Mr. Steve Smith, CEO and co-founder, Finicity
Financial Services Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy, Hearing: Lending in a Crisis: Reviewing the Federal Reserve’s Emergency Lending Powers During the Pandemic and Examining Proposals to Address Future Economic Crises, Thursday, September 23, 10:00 AM, 2128 RHOB & WebEx
Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law, Hearing: Reviving Competition Part 4: 21st Century Antitrust Reforms and the American Worker, Thursday, September 23, 10:00 AM, 2141 Rayburn HOB
Veterans’ Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity, Hearing: Legislative Hearing on: Discussion Draft To amend title 38 United States Code to eliminate the Freddie Mac conforming loan limitation; Discussion Draft To amend title 38 United States Code to direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to pay to certain veterans who receive certain educational assistance furnished by the Secretary a weekly stipend for child care services; Discussion Draft To amend title 38 United States Code to increase and extend the authorization of appropriations for… and various other measures, Tuesday, September 21, 9:30 AM
Rules, Business Meeting: H.R. 3755 Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021; H.R. _____ An act making continuing appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30 2022 and for providing emergency assistance and for other purposes; H.R. 4350 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022, Monday, September 20, 12:00 PM, H-313 CAPITOL
House Floor Activity
Legislation Considered Pursuant to a Rule
H.R. 4350 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022 (Rep. Smith (WA) – Armed Services) Authorizes appropriations for a wide array of national defense related programs. This bill was favorably reported by the House Armed Services Committee by a margin of 57-2.
H.R. 3755 – Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021 (Rep. Chu – Energy and Commerce) This measure would prohibit restrictions on abortion other than those deemed to have a medical necessity.
H.R. __ – An act making continuing appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2022, and for providing emergency assistance, and for other purposes (Rep. DeLauro – Appropriations) This measure is expected to appropriate funding for government operations for approximately three months, make certain emergency appropriations, and temporarily reauthorizing certain programs.
According to a notice from Majority Leader Hoyer, additional legislative items are possible.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules
- H.R. __ – Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2021 (Rep. Mrvan – Veterans’ Affairs)
- S. 189 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2021 (Sen. Thune – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 4172 – To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Aurora, Colorado, as the ‘‘Lieutenant Colonel John W. Mosley VA Clinic’’ (Rep. Crow – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 1281 – To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Gaylord, Michigan, as the “Navy Corpsman Steve Andrews Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Clinic” (Rep. Bergman – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 3475 – To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Columbus, Georgia, as the ‘‘Robert S. Poydasheff VA Clinic” (Rep. Bishop (GA) – Veterans’ Affairs)
Possible Passage of Postponed Suspensions
- S. 848 – Consider Teachers Act of 2021 (Sen. Braun – Education and Labor)
- S. 1828 – HAVANA Act of 2021 (Sen. Collins – Foreign Affairs)
- H.R. 1029 – Free Veterans from Fees Act (Rep. Steube – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1154 – Great Dismal Swamp National Heritage Area Act (Rep. McEachin – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 3533 – To establish occupational series for Federal positions in software development, software engineering, data science, and data management, and for other purposes, as amended (Rep. Obernolte – Oversight and Reform)
- H.R. 3599 – Federal Rotational Cyber Workforce Program Act of 2021, as amended (Rep. Khanna – Oversight and Reform)
- H.R. 1204 – District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Salary Home Rule Act, as amended (Rep. Norton – Oversight and Reform)
- H.R. 978 – Chai Suthammanont Remembrance Act of 2021, as amended (Rep. Connolly – Oversight and Reform)
- H.R. 2617 – Performance Enhancement Reform Act, as amended (Rep. Connolly – Oversight and Reform)
- S. 2382 – To authorize the National Cyber Director to accept details from other elements of the Federal Government on nonreimbursable basis, and for other purposes (Sen. Portman – Oversight and Reform)
Senate Committee Activity
Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Hearings to examine the nominations of Alan F. Estevez, of Maryland, to be Under Secretary for Industry and Security, and Thea D. Rozman Kendler, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary, both of the Department of Commerce, and Alexia Marie Gabrielle Latortue, of the District of Columbia, and Graham Scott Steele, of California, both to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, Tuesday, September 21, 10:00 AM, SD-G50
- Mr. Alan F. Estevez, Under Secretary Of Commerce For Industry And Security Designate
- Ms. Thea D. Rozman Kendler, Assistant Secretary Of Commerce Designate
- Ms. Alexia Marie Gabrielle Latortue, Assistant Secretary Of The Treasury Designate
- Mr. Graham S. Steele, Assistant Secretary Of The Treasury Designate
Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Hearings to examine national cybersecurity strategy, focusing on protection of federal and critical infrastructure systems, Thursday, September 23, 10:15 AM, SD-342
- The Honorable Chris Inglis, National Cyber Director, Executive Office of the President
- The Honorable Jen Easterly, Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Christopher DeRusha, Federal Chief Information Security Officer, Office of Management and Budget
Judiciary, Subcommittee on Competition Policy, Antitrust, and Consumer Rights Hearings to examine big data, focusing on implications for competition and consumers, Tuesday, September 21, 2:30 PM, SD-226
Senate Floor Activity
The Senate stands adjourned to convene for a pro forma session with no business conducted at 10:15am on Thursday, September 16, 2021. When the Senate adjourns on Thursday, it will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, September 20, 2021.
On Monday, following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #231, Margaret Irene Strickland, of New Mexico, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico.
At 5:30pm the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #251, Veronica S. Rossman, of Colorado, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Tenth Circuit and immediately vote on confirmation of the nomination.
As a reminder, cloture has been filed on Executive Calendar #231, Margaret Irene Strickland, of New Mexico, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico. That cloture vote will be at 11:30am on Tuesday, September 21.
During Wednesday’s session of the Senate, the cloture motion in relation to the motion to proceed to S.2093, For the People Act of 2021, was withdrawn.
Monday, September 20 at 5:30pm – 1 roll call vote:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #251, Veronica S. Rossman, of Colorado, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Tenth Circuit
Tuesday, September 21 at 11:30am – 1 roll call vote:
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #231, Margaret Irene Strickland, of New Mexico, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico